So we all know that uneasy feeling of starting a new job: meeting new people, understanding the workplace culture, figuring out the quickest route to the restroom, identifying where the coffee is, etc., etc. You get the picture.
What better way to take a peek inside Web Teks (especially if you’re considering working with us) than to hear it from a newbie employee. Our “new guy’s” perspective might give you the “peek inside” you’ve been looking for.
FNG: Well this past week was my first week here at Web Teks, and let’s just say it was “quasi baptism by fire”. Fast forward to Friday afternoon as the week winds down, and I find myself sitting back, taking a deep breath, and reviewing the takeaways from my first 40 hours at Web Teks.
I’ve come up with my – Top 6 Takeaways from my first week at Web Teks:
1) The culture here is fantastic. From the people, to the servers, to the code we write in PHP. It’s all top-notch.
2) We have great snacks here. Need a protein pick me up while you’re dragging at 2:30 pm after that carb heavy lunch. Web Teks has you covered.
3) We have really, no make that extremely, smart people here. Like getting a 1600 on the math portion of your SAT smart. Let’s put it this way, if you put the brains of Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet and Sir Richard Branson in a blender, pushed start, let it all mix, and pushed stop after 30 seconds. Then evenly distributed the contents 20 ways, that pretty much sums up our team here.
4) Wash your dishes. Specifically, coffee cups after your first cup of morning joe. You do NOT want to be the guy/gal that leaves an unwashed mug in the sink at 9:52 a.m. Just saying.
5) If you want to communicate outside of good ole’ fashioned face to face communication, “pinging someone on slack” is the way to go.
6) We do Digital Transformation really well. We are experts at solving both business and technology problems. We are fast, agile, and get things done quickly and efficiently.
I would love to share more about my first week at Web Teks, and discuss some of the very unique ways we help Enterprise level companies navigate the waters of Digital Transformation.